Thursday 26 January 2012

La Nina' is at it again!

I just checked the blog and realised I've done quite a bit of work since my last post. Anyway started off with a major flood a few days ago (second so far this summer), roof leaking, floor awash etc, luckily no damage as I got the boat covered so it only required a small bail out. Took almost two days to clean up though.
Ok, bunks are finished except for a fillet and tape to seal the bunk/hull joint. I added some vertical stringers between F18 and F53.5 to get rid of some bowing in that section. Seems to have sorted the problem.


Don't try ramming this baby
I have glassed in the cockpit floor supports. I just made mine full height instead of building a beam as I have seen on other boats. I wanted lots of support for the cockpit floor which I think I have achieved with the minimum of weight. I am now setting up all the framing in the cockpit. I still have a small bit of glassing to finish and I'm glueing bits in at the same time so the whole cockpit area is a bit chaotic at the moment. I'm working most of it by eye as I wanted a wider cockpit at F110 and I'm trying to get everything looking smooth and neat. It means a lot of experimentation which takes an inordinate amount of time. Still musn't complain. I've only been working on this project for a touch over 2 months so I guess things are going quickly compared to other builds.





Chaos reigns

No comments:

Post a Comment