Wednesday 18 January 2012

Slowly but so slowly

Well it seems to be taking an eternity but the frame taping is just about finished. I have been following Jeff Dalsin's approach in easing the hull off the frames for a more rounded shape. I let the zip ties go and have been using my laser level, plumbob and 1m steel ruler to check the side-to-side measurements for symmetry.
I have also been working on the bunks, fitting the support panels and shaping the tops. I will fillet and tape tomorrow so that job will be out of the way.
I have made my F124 solid so will install the floor section as I build the keel box. I may have to open F124 (a hatch?) to allow access to the traveler fixings. I have also added an extra reinforcement piece on the front of F110 for the keel box. I'll add one to the back of F124 as well.

I have also started boxing in the stern section. I am considering building storage compartments below the cockpit at the stern so I have only cut the forward lightening holes.
Everything seem to take an age to get done but the cutting and shaping sucks up lots of time so I just need to keep plodding on.

Most Annoying Situation: I cannot reach down into the bottom of the boat but when I get in the boat I'm like an elephant in a shoebox. Thank god there is not much to the bunks. I am definitely not sleeping in this boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment